Kids Nutrient Ninja 50 Tablets Oriental Botanicals
Kids Nutrient Ninja 50 Tablets Oriental Botanicals
Oriental Botanicals Kids Nutrient Ninja 50 Tablets
Kids’ Nutrient Ninja is a great-tasting multivitamin for growing kids.
Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Nutrient Ninja contains vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids and more – 24 nutritionals in all, including:
- Vitamins A, D3 and K2, which support kids’ healthy bone building and the growth of healthy teeth
- Iron to maintain healthy cognitive development
- Iodine and selenium to support healthy growth and development
- B-group vitamins to support children’s energy production
- Zinc, which helps maintain a healthy appetite when children’s dietary zinc levels are inadequate
- Plus the herb ziziphus, which is traditionally taken in Chinese medicine calm kids’ minds and ease their nervous tension
Kids’ Nutrient Ninja is specially formulated for children aged 2 to 12 years old, and features:
- Delicious vanilla-berry flavour
- No added sugar or artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners; instead it’s sweetened with monk fruit and xylitol and naturally coloured with beetroot
- No added nuts, gluten, dairy or animal products
Busy, growing children need a healthy, nutritious diet based on plenty of fresh produce to provide them with the fuel and nutrients they need. Support your child’s nutritional intake of key vitamins and minerals with Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Nutrient Ninja, a delicious-tasting multivitamin specially formulated for growing kids.
Kids’ Nutrient Ninja contains 24 nutritionals, including vitamins, minerals, bioflavonoids, betacarotene and lutein.
Iodine and selenium support kids’ growth and development. Iodine supports children’s normal growth and development, but unfortunately is sometimes present in only low levels in our food as the soil in some parts of Australia is iodine-deficient. The best dietary sources are foods from the sea – think fish, shellfish, seaweed and sea salt (although kids should only consume salt in very small quantities). It’s also added to commercially produced bread.
If your child doesn’t consume these foods on a regular basis, taking a multivitamin may help to support their nutritional intake.
Selenium is another trace mineral that supports kids’ development and growth, so is a valuable inclusion in a children’s multivitamin formula.
Iron supports kids’ cognitive development> During childhood, cognition (the ability to learn, understand and reason things out) develops quickly. Iron supports kids’ cognitive development. Unless they’re vegan, your child’s diet contains iron in two different forms: haem iron, from animal-based foods like meat and eggs, and non-haem iron from vegetarian sources like leafy green vegetables. Of these, haem iron is the more readily absorbed and utilised. Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Nutrient Ninja contains iron as ferrous fumarate, which is more readily absorbed than some other types of iron (such as iron sulfate).
Choline is another nutrient that supports children’s brain and nervous system development, where it works by aiding in the production of neurotransmitters (compounds that act as chemical messengers in the brain and nervous system).
Vitamins for healthy bones and teeth - Vitamins A, D3 and K2 maintain healthy bone development in 2 to 12 year olds, and are also involved in the growth of healthy teeth. For example, vitamin K2 supports the mineralisation of the teeth, which is the process in which minerals like calcium are incorporated into their structure to make them strong and hard.
B-vitamins and energy production - Does your child have all the energy they need to get them through a busy day? Whether they’re at home, kindy or school, their cells are producing lots of energy to keep them going! The B-group vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 support children’s energy production as well as their healthy growth and development.
Zinc supports a healthy appetite - Zinc is found in a wide variety of foods, but like iron, is more readily absorbed from animal foods such as meat, eggs and seafood than it is from plant-based foods like legumes, grains, nuts and seeds. Taking a zinc supplement maintains a healthy appetite in children whose diets provide inadequate amounts of zinc.
Ziziphus: traditionally used to calm kids’ nervous tension
The herb ziziphus is also known by the names red date and jujube. It has a long history of traditional use in Chinese medicine for relieving children’s nervous tension and helping to keep them mentally calm.
In Chinese medicine, ziziphus is also traditionally used to relieve loss of appetite by nourishing the spleen.
Each chewable tablet contains:
- Betacarotene (Betacarotene) 300 micrograms
- Retinol acetate 236 micrograms, equiv. vit. A 205.8 micrograms RE
- Thiamine nitrate 2mg, equiv. thiamine (vit. B1) 1.6mg
- Riboflavin sodium phosphate 1.3mg, equiv. riboflavin (vit. B2) 1mg
- Nicotinamide (vitamin B3) 3mg
- Calcium pantothenate 1.6mg, equiv. pantothenic acid (vit. B5) 1.5mg, equiv. calcium 140 micrograms
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride 1mg, equiv. pyridoxine (vit. B6) 823 micrograms
- Pyridoxal-5-phosphate monohydrate (P5P, active vit. B6) 784 micrograms, equiv. pyridoxine (vit. B6) 500 micrograms
- Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin, active vit. B12) 2.4 micrograms
- Folic acid 100 micrograms
- Biotin 25 micrograms
- Choline (choline bitartrate) 62.5mg
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 30mg
- Colecalciferol (vitamin D3) 2.5 micrograms
- d-alpha Tocopheryl acid succinate 4mg
- equiv. D-alpha tocopherol (vit. E) 4.8IU
- Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone 7) 10 micrograms
- Calcium (calcium citrate tetrahydrate) 5mg
- Total calcium 5.1mg
- Iodine (potassium iodide) 45 micrograms
- Ferrous fumarate (Iron) 2.5mg
- Magnesium (Magnesium glycinate) 15mg
- Manganese (manganese (II) glycinate) 650 micrograms
- Selenomethionine (Selenium) 7.5 micrograms
- Zinc (zinc glycinate monohydrate) 1.5mg
- Citrus bioflavonoids extract 500 micrograms
- Marigold (Tagetes erecta) flower 5mg, dry equiv. 200mg
- equiv. lutein esters calc. as lutein not less than 1mg
- Ziziphus (Ziziphus jujuba) fruit 217mg, dry equiv. 3.26g
- Sweetened with monk fruit and xylitol
- Naturally coloured with beetroot
Children 2-8 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 1 tablet once a day.
Children 9-12 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 2 tablets once a day.
Or as professionally prescribed. Take with food.