Hilde Hemmes Herbals Swedish Bitters Tincture 500mL
- Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve symptoms of indigestion, digestive discomfort, constipation and loss of appetite.
- Swedish Bitters contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a laxative, to assist with the relief of constipation.
- Swedish Bitters also contains Black cohosh, traditionally used in herbal medicine to reduce menstruation pain and promote menstrual flow.
- Topical Use – Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used externally, in herbal medicine to support wound healing and cleanse minor skin, cuts, scratches and abrasions.
- Oral Application – Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in herbal medicine as a gargle for the relief of sore throats and toothache.
Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters are traditionally used in herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve symptoms of indigestion, digestive discomfort, constipation and loss of appetite. Swedish Bitters is named after a Swedish health enthusiast Claus Samst who used the product back in the 18th century as a bitter tonic. Swedish Bitters is a multipurpose tincture with a variety of versatile uses.
When Hilde Hemmes first came across an old Swedish Bitters recipe in a German book, she was so impressed with it’s therapeutic benefits that she obtained the herbal mixture. In 1984 Hilde and her husband started manufacturing and successfully distributing Swedish Bitters into the Australian market place. Now more than three decades later, Swedish Bitters is one of Australia’s leading herbal bitter tonics. Over the years Swedish Bitters has become a flagship product within the Hilde Hemmes’ Herbal range and many positive testimonials have been received from satisfied customers.
- Take this bitter tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow - and maintain healthy digestive function.
- Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product helps maintain regularity with their scientifically-proven laxative action.
Oral use: Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to support healthy digestion and to relieve digestive discomfort and symptoms of indigestion. Swedish Bitters also contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a stimulant laxative, to relieve constipation. Black cohosh has also been included, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to relieve menstruation pain and promote menstrual flow. (Directions for use: Adults – take 20 mL in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals three times daily).
Topical use: Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used externally in Western herbal medicine to support wound healing and to cleanse minor skin cuts, scratches and abrasions. (Directions for use: Adults – soak a piece of gauze with product and apply to the affected area for 2-12 hrs, covering with a bandage).
Oral application: Swedish Bitters has been traditionally used in Western herbal medicine as a gargle to relieve symptoms of sore throat and toothache. (Directions for use: Adults – add 20 mL to 100 mL of lukewarm water, swish the solution in the mouth, gargle and swallow, twice daily).
Swedish Bitters is named after the 18th century Swedish physician Dr Samst and for its bitter taste. Today it is one of the world's most respected, traditionally-used health tonics.
Once you begin to use Swedish Bitters in your own household, you will soon discover just how versatile it is. It has been enjoyed by many cultures for hundreds of years and is "a must" for every medicine cabinet.
Features / Benefits
- A multi-purpose product suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Quickly absorbed liquid extract.
- Made in Australia.
- Tamper-evident packaging.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods
Each 20 mL dose contains tinctures equivalent to dried:
- Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice 133.34 mg
- Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf 133.34 mg
- Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome 133.34 mg
- Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin 85.72 mg
- Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 152.38 mg
- Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin 133.34 mg
- Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root 66.66 mg
- Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome 152.38 mg
- Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome 19.06 mg
- Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon 19.06 mg
- Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner 19.06mg
- Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit 19.06 mg
- Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style 2.66 mg
- non-active ingredient Camphor 133.34 mg
*these ingredients are also known as theriac.
Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for children under 12 or in case of gastric/duodenal ulcers. Laxative warnings - please note that prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems (drink plenty of water). Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or it you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant of breast-feeding, consult your doctor before use. Contains alcohol 40% V
Traditional Complementary Health